Email marketing is a tried-and-true method to acquire new customers and to retain the ones you already have. By having a proper email marketing strategy, you will be able to grow your business substantially, if done right. However, in order to make sure your email marketing is effective in 2020, you’ll want to make sure you have a clear understanding of trends in digital marketing right now as you build your upcoming strategy. Following the tips below for building an effective strategy for 2020 will help.
10 tips to build an effective email marketing strategy in 2020
Tip #1: Understand your audience – Depending on who they are and what their preferences are, your email marketing will be different. Determine what demographics your target audience belongs to. Then figure out when they tend to read their emails and what behaviors they typically exhibit when they receive marketing emails. This will all help you determine your strategy. Keep refining it with every campaign until you really get to the heart of your audience.
Tip #2: Quality content is king – Content matters. It is effectively the voice of your company that reaches your audience first. Be creative with your content, but be clear and concise so they don’t have to guess what the point of your email is.
Tip #3: Appropriate subject lines – Add a subject that makes sense for the email, but that will also grab their attention. Let them know if you are offering a limited-time deal or if they are being offered an exclusive deal.
Tip #4: Send personalized content – Do not send robotic emails, personalize them as much as possible. Your customers and potential customers will appreciate it and it doesn’t take much to do so, if you use the right tools.
Tip #5: Pre-Test – Experiment with your emails before sending them to the masses. Doing some A/B testing to see which ones your audience are more likely to open and which they are more likely to take action on will help your email marketing campaign considerably.
Tip #6: Mobile-friendly – Mobile-friendly emails will make it much easier to reach your audience and get in touch with them at any time. According to HubSpot, mobile opens now account for 46% of all email opens.
Tip #7: Prioritization – Segmenting your audience will help you prioritize which emails get sent to which groups.
Tip #8: Automation – Advanced email marketing tools will give you the ability to automate your emails. With the ability to automate your email marketing campaign, you can have emails sent automatically at specific intervals or as a result of specific triggers. This will increase your chances for conversion.
Tip #9: Monitor analytics – With analytics to show you how your audience is responding to your emails, you’ll be able to improve from one campaign to the next. You’ll determine if pages visited on your website were opened from the links in your email or not. You’ll want to make sure that your bounce rate ends up being less than 50% to have an effective campaign.
Tip #10: Avoid spamming – Make sure you have a reason to email your audience, such as sending emails only to subscribers from your website or current customers who have opted-in to receive emails. Space them out and get your targeted recipients to open them to avoid being stuck in spam filters.
The 2020 key to email marketing
Agile CRM includes complete email marketing features that will help you with everything from newsletters to analytics. Other features include:
- Prepackaged and custom templates to help your business be visually appealing and giving your emails the professional look and feel it needs.
- Personalization so your emails will include contact attributes such as name, location, industry and more.
- Email lead scoring to let you assign scores to leads based on specific actions and behaviors, such as clicking a link in an email.
- Tracking and metrics so you can keep track of the ongoing results of your email marketing and provide constant insight into them to report the results or improve upon them.
- Email A/B testing so you can make sure your email marketing is at its most effective.
- Drag-and-drop email builder that is intuitive and easy-to-use to add text, images, videos, social share buttons and more.
- Audience targeting by important your list of contacts.
- Sharing on social media capability for your customers to find your different platforms.
- Autoresponders to create and store responses to be used when specific behavioral triggers occur.
- Real-time alerts so you can jump on an opportunity as soon as possible.
Your 2020 marketing strategy will need to be as dynamic as possible as best practices change all the time in the world of digital marketing. However, if you use the right tools, you’ll always be “in the know” and be able to send effective email marketing. If you would like to see if Agile CRM’s email marketing is right for your team, try it for free for 30 days and get the most out of your strategy.